During setup, your device will need to be in WiFi setup mode. This activates its internal WiFi connection and allows you to transfer details of your own WiFi network to it. Check the following:
- Is the indicator flashing alternate red and green? If it isn’t, turn the device off and then re-enter WiFi setup mode.
- Is your router’s WiFi SSID hidden? If not, check that it is on the correct frequency and channel. UbiBot devices only support 2.4 GHz (802.11 b/g/n), Channels 1-13 (Some older WS1 devices only support channels 1-11). Please note 5GHz WiFi is NOT supported. For detailed WiFi setup requirements please check this link.
- Did you enter the correct WiFi password? Try to re-enter the password to make sure it’s correct.
- Does your WiFi need any additional login procedure to access the Internet after connecting? If so, the device will not work on this network.
- What is your router’s WiFi channel width? Make sure it is set to 20MHz or “Auto”.
- Are there any other WiFi networks in the environment with the device? If there are, consider changing to a different channel to avoid interference. If that doesn’t work, you may need to boost the power of your WiFi router or move the device closer to the router. Remember, even if the device can’t connect to WiFi, it will continue to take measurements and store these internally.
- If you still have problems, try changing the batteries (Alkaline batteries are recommended). External 5V 2A Micro USB can also be used as power source.
- Is the WiFi security type correct? The WS1 supports OPEN, WEP, or WPA/WPA2 types.