In the situations where your WiFi network is down, the device continues to collect environmental data and store it in its internal memory.
There are several ways to access the data of the device without a WiFi connection:
- Move the device to an area where there is a WiFi connection which the device can connect to. Press the button to trigger a manual data sync. The indicator should flash green for a few seconds. You can now take the device back to the measurement location (Recommended).
- Use your mobile phone and enable Internet Connection Sharing. This can work well in situations where your devices are installed in an area with limited or no WiFi coverage.
- Use a laptop and the Micro USB cable to connect to the device manually. You can now perform a data export to your computer using the PC Offline Tools
- View offline data charts via the PC Offline Tools. Click the “Offline Charts” button on menu bar then click “Load Data”. A new page will pop up.
- Set it up with a mobile data card*. Once you are in range of the network, press the power button once to sync all data with the IoT platform.
*Depending on the specific model purchased.